Friday, October 11, 2013

Day of the Girl

Today is the international Day of the Girl.  It means a lot to me that a day has been given to them because I know of all of the horrible things that some of them have to deal with in other countries.  I think men in these countries fear how powerful women can be when given the opportunity and that's sad.  When I think about the three most powerful people in my life they are all women.  I was blessed with a sister and an aunt who always spoke their mind and taught me that it's ok to be me... say what I want to say, do what I want to do and always be what I am- and never what I'm not.  The third was my first real boss who taught me to put my big boy pants on when it comes to life... be honest with what I say and be confident enough to accept it from others.  Looking at how those three shaped my truly happy life it's hard to imagine what things would've been like if they were oppressed and unable to teach me so much.  The world will only stand for so much bigotry and stupidity from the weak minded and this day is proof of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment