Thursday, August 22, 2013

Functional Fashion - One of my favorite ways to show support for a cause or charity is to shop the marketplace stores on their sites.  Because I, like everyone else, like to blow money on myself sometimes.  Fine, a lot of times.  Most organizations have caught on to the amount of free advertising and funds that are brought in by selling merchandise and have started boutique style web-shops.  You would be surprised how well they keep up with trends and how cool the stuff is.  I've compiled my favorites below.  In most cases the items are either fair trade or a portion of the proceeds, if not all, go directly to the charities.  These are great ice breakers when you are wanting to spread public awareness and get a conversation started.  I once bombarded a bachelorette party at a bar and hounded them about doing volunteer work for a specific charity for 20 minutes... I'm sure they would have preferred me to just wear a t-shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment