Sunday, September 8, 2013

SEPTEMBER - It's turning out to be a pretty busy month for me, which I love.  No rest for the wicked.  On the 27th I get to return to Chicago for more work with FMSC!  I can't wait!  I didn't think I'd be able to make it back so soon but really the expense of going there is much less than you would think.  I have a coat drive coming up this Saturday to benefit victims of sex trafficking who are located in central Ohio as well as refugees who are placed here.  Both of these issues are important to me, I think because I had no understanding of them until the past few years and was shocked by the enormity of their presence in the world.  I plan to blog about them more in the next week or two.  I've also started making jewelry that I am selling to benefit Feed My Starving Children.  The things I'm making sell for pretty cheap but each item provides 15 meals, which I'm pretty excited about.  If anyone has suggestions or ideas on what I should make next please comment and let me know!! Below are a few of the items listed so far.  If you want to check out the shop it's https://www.etsy.com/shop/Slumdreams



No comments:

Post a Comment